Management Lettings Insurance Maintenace Buy to Let Enquiry    
Property Management

R House full management includes the following services:

Finding Tenants
Credit Checking and Referencing Tenants where appropriate
Drawing up Tenancy Agreements
Collecting and Holding Deposits
Collecting Rents
Dealing with minor renovation works and repairs

Forwarding rents on to landlords
Marketing and Re-letting properties as the become available
Arranging for Annual Gas Safety Inspections where required

For Student Properties R House Also:

Pays water rates on Landlords Behalf where requested
Collects student council tax exemption certificates and forwards them to the city council with appropriate documentation


R House Management Service works on a NO LET NO FEE basis.

Our scales of fees for our full management service are as follows:

£150 Tenant Finding Fee & 12% of the monthly rent for term of tenancy.

If you would like to find out more about how R House can assist you with property management then fill out our enquiry form and one of R Agents will contact you to discuss your requirements.


Finding Tenants

We find you your tenants, often from our extensive database, local press, all 9 Sutton Kersh branches and our web site.back to top

Credit Checking & Referencing Tenants where appropriate

Finding the correct tenant for your property is essential. First we find out the criteria for your ideal tenant. We take references from employers, previous landlords and either a friend or family member. In the case of student tenants we also take a guarantor. back to top

Collecting Rents

We collect rent monthly and it is usually paid by standing order or cheque. You get a monthly statement from us and we can either pay you by cheque or directly into your account. back to top

Drawing up Tenancy Agreements

Once you have registered a property with us all you have to do is sit back and relax. We draw up the tenancy agreement, handle the deposit and the first months rent. We do this absolutely free of charge. back to top

Collecting & Holding Deposits

We collect a months rent as deposit, (£150 per person in the case of student tenants), and hold it for you. So if there is any damage at the end of the tenancy, the cost of repairs is taken from the deposit. It is extremely rare that damage exceeds the deposit, but in these cases we bill the tenant for the cost. back to top

Dealing with minor renovation works & repairs

Every property at some point will need some work doing to it over time. If the tenant contacts us with a problem we have contractors, who on your behalf can complete any repairs that may arise. All with the least amount of inconvenience to yourself. back to top

Forwarding rents to landlords

As stated before we forward rent to you monthly, straight into your account or by cheque. It's up to you. back to top

Marketing and Re-Letting Properties as they become available

We strive to re-let and re-advertise a property the minute that it becomes available. Our philosophy is that an empty property does no one any good. back to top

Arranging Annual Gas Safety Inspections (where required)

It is a legal requirement that every gas appliance and gas central heating system is inspected on an annual basis. We have independent contractors, who are CORGI registered, that can deal with all your legal requirements. back to top


Paying of water rates on landlords behalf where requested

Most of our student properties have water rates included in the rent. We can organize the paying of this for you or you can opt to do it for yourself. back to top

Collection of student council tax exemption certificates

We collect the relevant documentation and pass it on to the council. This helps to avoid any summons for non payment of council tax to you. back to top



© R House Lettings Ltd 2013